Daily Email

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Prayer: “A Prayer for a New Beginning” By Macrina Wiederkeh

O God of young faith and new beginnings
I remember the church of my childhood
where you first stepped into my life
and fed me with your life.
Your life is a treasure I have never stopped seeking.
It is a treasure I have never stopped finding.
I remember the deep,
ever-growing faith of my parents
who not only taught me to walk
but taught me to walk in your paths.
But now, in the middle of my years
I need you, O God of young faith
and new beginnings
For the path my parents pointed out to me
seems to be a path
that leads to a cross
and I hunger for a sign:
a rainbow; a sprouting seed;
a meal shared with love; a warm embrace
to assure me that it is really the best path.
O God of young faith and tired faith
Breathe into my life a new beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment