Daily Email

Saturday, June 29, 2019

Prayer: Karl Rahner

“Why are You so silent? Why do You enjoin me to speak with You, when You don’t pay any attention to me? Isn’t Your silence a sure sign that You’re not listening? Or do You really listen quite attentively, do You perhaps listen my whole life long, until I have told you everything, until I have spoken out my entire self to You? Do You remain silent precisely because You are waiting until I am really finished, so that You can then speak Your word to me, the word of Your eternity? Are You silent so that You can one day bring to a close the life-long monologue of a poor human being, burdened by the darkness of this world, by speaking the luminous word of eternal life, in which You will express Your very Self in the depths of my heart?”

No comments:

Post a Comment