Daily Email

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Poem: Earthquake (Thomas Merton)

Go tell the earth to shake and tell the thunder to wake the sky and tear the clouds apart.
Tell my people to come out and wonder where the old world is gone.
For a new world is born and all my people shall be one.

So tell the earth to shake with marching feet of messengers of peace.
Proclaim my law of love to every nation and race.

For the old wrongs are over; the old days are gone; a new world is rising where my people shall be one.

And say: The old wrongs are over. the old ways are done. There shall be no more hate and no more war. My people shall be one.

For the old world is ended, the old sky is torn apart.
A new day is born. They hate no more. They do not go to war. My people shall be one.

So tell the earth to shake with marching feet of messengers of peace.
Proclaim my law of love to every nation, every race.

There shall be no more hate and no more oppression.
The old wrongs are done.
My people shall be one.

No comments:

Post a Comment