Daily Email

Monday, September 15, 2014

Poem: "Just me and a frog"

Sitting.
Sitting near a pond.
Relaxing.
The day’s cares slink away.
Basking.
In the steady afternoon sun
As time tames my activities.

Gazing.
Eyes fixed upon me.
Staring.
To see if I am a threat.
Stillness.
Non-blinking eyes getting heavy.
Throwing away those cares.

Passing.
Shadows lengthen towards dusk.
Resting.
Barely moving around.
Timeless.
Sitting near each other
Honoring our same needs.

Reaching.
Into the deep, not out.
Deepening
But feeling fully alert.
Breathing.
Letting the days pass,
Watching the growing grass.


Just me and a frog sitting near a pond.

- John P.

2 comments:

  1. The simplicity of this poem draws me right into the scene - very restful. I like the thought " Honoring our same needs" as all of creation is one.

    ReplyDelete