Daily Email

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Prayer: Our Way of Proceeding by Pedro Arrupe

Lord, meditating on ‘our way of proceeding’, I have discovered that the ideal way of our way of acting is your way of acting.

Give me that sensus Christi that I may feel with your feelings, with the sentiments of your heart, which basically are love for your Father and love for all men and women.

Teach me how to be compassionate to the suffering, to the poor, the blind, the lame and the lepers.

Teach us your way so that it becomes our way today, so that we may come closer to the great ideal of Saint Ignatius: to be companions of Jesus, collaborators in the work of redemption.

2 comments:

  1. Hi John, hmmm... this is the third time today, that I've come across this prayer. Did you know Pedro Arrupe? Peace, Jer...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jer, I wish I did know him. He died in 1991. He was a great man and we are thankful for the reforms he instituted for the church and the Jesuits. Sadly, I did not have the chance to meet him.

      Delete