Daily Email

Monday, February 15, 2010

Song: Gustav Mahler's Songs of a Wayfarer

I went out this morning into the fields,
the dew was still hanging on the grass,
the happy finch said to me:
"Hey, you! Good morning! Yes, you!
Right! Isn't it a beautiful world?
Chirrup! Chirrup! Lovely and lively!
How I love the world!"

Even the bluebells in the field
merrily and with good spirits
ring out to me with their little bells,
ding, ding, ding,
their morning greeting:
"Isn't it a beautiful world?
Ding, ding! What a lovely thing!
How I love the world!
Hey-ho!"

And then in the sunshine,
the world began to sparkle;
everything took on sound and color
in the sunshine!
Flowers and birds, great and small!
"Good morning! Isn't this a beautiful world?
Hey! You! It's a lovely world!"

Now will my happiness also begin?

No comments:

Post a Comment