Daily Email

Monday, December 23, 2013

Poem: "The Magnificat Today" Translated by Olga Vamke


My soul glorifies the Lord!
My spirit rejoices in God my Saviour!
For God has blessed me lavishly and makes me ready to respond.
God shatters my little world and lets me be poor.
God takes from me all my plans and gives me more than I can hope for
         or ask.
God gives me the opportunities;
         the ability to become free;
         to burst my boundaries.
God gives me the strength to be daring, to build on God alone, for God is
         the ever greater One in my life.
God has made known to me this: it is in my being servant that it
 becomes possible for God’s kingdom to break through here and now.

2 comments:

  1. This speaks very powerfully to me for that is the very thing that God has done for me. My life was shattered and I became very "poor" but God has provided a life that I would never have imagined possible. I have been blessed and am incredibly grateful.

    Thank you very much for sharing this version with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like you have a heart-warming story to share at some point. We rejoice is what God has done/is doing/will do for us.

      Delete