Daily Email

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Prayer: from the Memorial of Peter Faber, S.J.

There passed before my mind's eye the different kinds of human suffering - people's weaknesses, sins, obstinacy, despair, sorrow, death, as well as famines, plagues and other burdens we endure. Then there came to me the thought of Christ the Redeemer, Christ the Consoler, Christ the Lord God. I prayed to him by the power of all these titles, that he deign to give help and support to all people. I also felt the desire and prayed with intense and unusual feeling that I be given the grace to be the servant of Christ the Consoler, Christ the Helper, Christ the Rescuer, the Liberator, the Enricher, the Strengthener...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this.I was reading about him and I am surprised he is not as well known as Francis Xavier and Ignatius. He seems to have been specially gifted with great communication skills for resolution conflict and he had compassion in scores.
    We could do with someone like him in the church right now.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish he were a canonized saint of the church. Lord knows he deserves it many times over. He was one of the best spiritual directors of the Exercises and he was gentle. We become like the people we admire.

    ReplyDelete