Daily Email

Friday, October 2, 2026

Spirituality: Mass on the World, Teilhard de Chardin SJ

Since once again, Lord, I have neither bread, nor wine, nor altar to say Mass,

I will make the whole earth my altar
and on it will offer you all the labors and all the sufferings of the world.

Instead of bread, I will offer the harvest to be won by today’s labors. Lord, say again the words: This is my Body over every living thing which will spring up, grow, flower, ripen during this day.

Instead of wine, I will offer every activity and force that withers, corrodes, fails, and dies; into my chalice I shall pour all the sap to be pressed from the earth’s fruits. Lord, say again the words: This is my Blood

All the things which today will increase;
all those that will diminish or die:
all of them, Lord, I try to gather into my arms, holding them out to you.

We believe you are present in them.
This is the Mystery of Faith.




No comments:

Post a Comment