Daily Email

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Poem: “On Rolling Stones Away” by Macrina Wiederkehr, O.S.B.

Where are my stones?
What are their names?
Would I know them
if I met them face to face?

And if the empty tomb
I stood in front of was me
would I call it death?
Or would I call it resurrection?

My heart beats out the answer
much clearer than I live it.
O happy emptiness!
It’s what I need a lot of
to be full.

Rolling stones
is what it’s all about
but Resurrection
is another name.

Be patient with each other’s stones (Ephesians 4:1-3).
Jesus was gentle with Thomas’ stone (John 20:24-29).
Peter had to roll away stones in his life too (John 13:6-11).

The call continues.
We are called
to help others experience Resurrection
to help them break out of their tombs.

Of course, that means
we’ll have to break forth from
our own tombs first.

We’d look kind of silly
preaching
from the middle of our tombs,
wouldn’t we?

No comments:

Post a Comment