Daily Email

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Poem: “On Rolling Stones Away” By Macrina Wiederkehr

Where are my stones?
What are their names?
Would I know them if I met them face to face?
And if the empty tomb I stood in front of was me would I call it death?
Or would I call it resurrection?
My heart beats out the answer much clearer than I live it.
O, happy emptiness! It’s what I need a lot of to be full.
Rolling stones is what it’s all about but Resurrection is another name.
Be patient with each other’s stones (Ephesians 4:1-3).
Jesus was gentle with Thomas’ stone (John 20:24-29).
Peter had to roll away some stones in his life too (John 13:6-11).
The call continues.
We are called to help others experience Resurrection, to help them break
out of their tombs.
Of course, that means we’ll have to break forth from our own tombs
first.
We’d look kind of silly preaching from the inside of our tombs, wouldn’t

we?

No comments:

Post a Comment