Daily Email

Friday, October 1, 2010

Spirituality: Transformation of the Self through a Grammar of Desire by Sebastian Moore

1. Created by desire, I am desirable.

2. Desirable, I desire; my pleasure in myself wants to extend itself to another. Desire, in other words, does not come out of emptiness but out of fullness.

3. Since it is out of desirableness that I desire, another who causes desire in me is touching my desirableness. To cause desire is to arouse desirableness.

4. It is my desirableness, thus aroused by another, that makes me want to be desired by that other.

5. Thus the vital center of human relations is arousal; the awakening of a person’s sense of being desirable, not (as commonly supposed) by being desired by another, but by being aroused by another to desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment