Daily Email

Monday, January 8, 2018

Poem: "Epiphany" by Macrina Wiederkehr, OSB

Creator of the Stars, God of Epiphanies, You are the Great Star.
You have marked my path with light.
You have filled my sky with stars, naming each star,
guiding it until it shines into my heart, awakening me to deeper seeing,
new revelations and brighter epiphanies.

O Infinite Star Giver,
I now ask for wisdom and courage to follow these stars
for their names are many and my heart is fearful.
They shine on me wherever I go:

The Star of Hope
The Star of Mercy and Compassion
The Star of Justice and Peace
The Star of Tenderness and Love
The Star of Suffering
The Star of Joy.

And every time I feel the shine,
I am called to follow it, to sing it, to live it
all the way to the cross and beyond.
O Creator of the Stars,
you have become within me an unending Epiphany.

No comments:

Post a Comment