Daily Email

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Prayer: Ambrose of Milan

Lord Jesus Christ, eternal King, God and man, crucified for humankind, look upon me with mercy and hear my prayer, for I trust in you.

Have mercy on me, full of sorrow and sin, for the depth of your compassion never ends.

Praise to you, saving sacrifice, offered on the wood of the cross for me and all humankind.

Remember, Lord, your creature, whom you have redeemed with your blood; I repent my sins, and I long to put right what I have done.

Merciful Father, take away all my offenses and sins; purify me in body and soul, and make me worthy to taste the holy of holies.

May your body and blood, which I intend to receive, although I am unworthy, be for me the remission of my sins, the washing away of my guilt, the end of my evil thoughts, and the rebirth of my better instincts.

May it incite me to do the works pleasing to you and profitable to my health in body and soul. Amen.

4 comments: