Daily Email

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Prayer: Francis De Sales

Do not look forward in fear to the changes of life,
rather look to them with full hope,
that as they arise,
God, whose very own you are will deliver you from out of them.
He has kept you hitherto and he will lead you safely
through all things;
and when you cannot stand it God will bury you in his arms.

Do not fear what may happen tomorrow.
The same loving father who cares for you today
will take care of you then and everyday.
He will either shield you from suffering
or will give unfailing strength to bear it.
Be at peace an put aside
all anxious thoughts and imaginations.

4 comments:

  1. When I read this, God brought to mind a friend who has just been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and I will send this to her. How often Jesus has told us "Be not afraid" and how often we succumb to fear. This is a beautiful reminder that we are not alone, God is with us. Thanks be to God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear about your friend as pancreatic cancer is virulent. I'm sure your friend will look upon your face as God's own face when you bring needed consolation.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful prayer that is full of the power of hope and consolation, whatever and whenever we are faced with trials and challenges.
    Thanks John. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would have been a Salesian if I hadn't become a Jesuit. I hope they were able to meet during their lifetime.

      Delete