Daily Email

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Poem: "Tarry with me" by unknown

Tarry with me, O my Savior, for the day is passing by; See!
The Shades of evening gather; and the night is drawing nigh.

Deeper, deeper grows the shadows, paler now the glowing west;
Swift the night of death advances, shall it be the night of rest?

Lonely seems to vale of shadow, sinks my hear with troubled fear;
Give me faith for clearer vision, Speak, O lord, in words of cheer.

Let me hear your voice behind me, calming all these wild alarms,
Let me underneath my weakness, feel the everlasting arms.

Feeble, trembling, fainting, dying, Lord I cast myself on thee;
Tarry with me through the darkness, while I sleep, still watch by me.

Tarry with me, O my Savior, Lay my head upon your breast;
Till the morning, then awake me – morning of Eternal rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment