Daily Email

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Song: From the Womb

This song was composed by Deacon Dan Burns of the Archdiocese of Boston for the diaconate ordination that preceded his own ordination by a year. 

From the womb I called you. With my lips I whispered your name.
You heard and you followed, you followed, you came.

Ah Lord God I know not how to speak, I am too young, too young.
"Say not I'm too young, to whomever I send you will go.
Whatever I command you shall speak, have no fear, for I am with you."

Ah Lord God I tried to hide from you, but you found me, you found me.
I say to myself, I will not speak your name to a soul,
but then it comes like fire in my heart, I grow weary trying to hold it inside.

Ah Lord God I give you my life, I am yours now, yours now.
"Go out now and teach all the good news that I have taught you
and know that I am with you each day from now until the end of all time."

2 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful song. Actually, Dan honored the ordination class ahead of his with it.

    ReplyDelete