Daily Email

Saturday, November 7, 2015

PrayerPsalm 30: 3 - 14

O Lord, my God,
I cried out to you for help and you healed me.
Lord, you brought my soul up from Sheol;
you let me live, from going down to the pit.
Sing praise to the Lord, you faithful;
give thanks to his holy memory.
For his anger lasts but a moment;
his favor a lifetime.
At dusk weeping comes for the night;
but at dawn there is rejoicing.
Complacent, I once said,
"I shall never be shaken."
Lord, you showed me favor,
established for me mountains of virtue.
But when you hid your face
I was struck with terror.
To you, Lord, I cried out;
with the Lord I pleaded for mercy:
"What gain is there from my lifeblood,
from my going down to the grave?
Does dust give you thanks
or declare your faithfulness?
Hear, O Lord, have mercy on me;
Lord, be my helper."
You changed my mourning into dancing;
you took off my sackcloth
and clothed me with gladness,
so that my glory may praise you
and not be silent.
O Lord, my God,
forever will I give you thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment