Daily Email

Monday, December 3, 2012

Prayer: Psalm 139

Father, you know me better than I could ever know myself.
You know in all truth what I have been, what I am, what I will become.
You know me when I am loving and when I am selfish.
You know when I succeed and when I fail.
You know everything about me.
And you, Father, you love me more than I know.
You don't hold it against me that I fail, or am discouraged.
You also try to show me that I should not hold it against myself, because my doing so I will fail to love more.
You are forgiving and loving.
It is beyond my understanding.
I read your word and am inspired, but them immediately feels its poverty in my own life.
But, Father, if I do try to escape you, where can I go?
Deep down I never want to escape you, but at times I try.
Help me to realize that at these times you will support me, you will send the light needed, you will send your consolation through another, you will send your strength and courage.
God, my Father, know my thoughts.
Guide me to you.
You know what I desire, even though I do not always move towards my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment